Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What is hip?

"Being in this band and being in a band that people have heard of doesn't change the fact that you know that you're not cool. And I think it's becoming comfortable with that that's great....I never want to be cool.

[On being on a certain tour:] ...the rest of the vibe on the tour kinda felt like we were the kids in the back of the class wearing black that nobody wanted to hang out with. We didn't have pointy shoes and we weren't cool enough to hang out [with]. And it was before the biggest show on the tour, and I was washing my face in the sink. I looked in the mirror, and I was like, You're still uncool, and I was really happy with that revelation. And you're never gonna be cool, so stop trying. And I had one of the best shows of my life that day."

-Gerard Way, of My Chemical Romance

via Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical thinking encouraged.